Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cancun Ironman 70.3 Race Report

Not sure why I'm being asked to write yet another race report...Panther also had me write him a separate, shorter, one.

The full race report can be found HERE

The challenges I faced just getting there in the first place can be found HERE

As of Wednesday my feet are STILL swollen, especially my right foot/leg, although they are getting better. I officially have a cankle.


Dr. Z says I do not have a stress fracture (thankfully) but I can't take more than 20 steps without having severe pain in my right leg. We are on an aggressive treatment schedule with e-stim, ultrasound, ice, elevation, and Anodyne (infrared) therapy. Most likely, it was caused by running 13.1 miles on a false flat with tired legs. And my bottom lip is now peeling from the sunburn.

Thanks for all the well-wishes. I really appreciated that! I hope to join the group again soon.

3 comments:

Panther said...

We're proud of you, Shorey! You did Team Riff Raff proud.

Shorey said...

Between you, Wiley & Glenda, well ya'll are the ONLY people who have even acknowledged that I did this race. I'm really proud of having finished (25 our of 44 in my age group and 8 or so DNF'd), considering the circumstances. I wish my leg would just cooperate & let me get back to running!

Suellen (Scout) Adams said...

I may not have acknowledged it in writing...but Glenda and I had a number of conversations about how cool it was...and how proud we are of you!