Sunday, December 7, 2008

Running in a Winter Wonderland



When I was getting ready to run today, I looked out the window. It was snowing! I actually like to run in the snow, but it does have its challenges. The road looked reasonably clear as I started out. However, what you can't see here is all the slushy snow that appeared as I turned the corner onto the bike path. The slush packed into the tread on my shoes, particularly in the heel, and then built up. It was like running on high heels, a broken ankle waiting to happen...and I got a little tired of stopping every quarter mile to knock the slush out of my shoes. I did run a good part of my miles out there, but finished up somewhere a touch safer. After all, I can't afford to get hurt, I start training for the Green Bay marathon this week!

No comments: